From:
TWeickert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Dec 1997 23:23:15 EST
Hello to all!

Two things:
1.  My friend is breastfeeding her 12 month old and is also restarting her
fertility regimen in the hopes of becoming pregnant again.  Currently, she is
taking Pergonal and will be starting HCG.  The only info we can find on HCG
contraindicates it to breastfeeding (Nurses Drug Reference).  Does anyone have
more info on this med?  It doesn't make sense to us, since it is naturally in
the body during pregnancy,  and pregnancy isn't a contraindication to brf!
Please respond to me privately as I am currently set at NO MAIL (too many
holiday happenings!)  TIA

2.  I just finished reading the book "Milk Money and Madness",  and I am
almost ashamed to admit that I live in the U.S.!!!  This is a MUST to read for
anyone involved in the arena of lactation!  What an excellent behind the
scenes view of the political ramifications of brm and formula. Ask for the
book for Christmas!

Yours truly,
Therese Weickert, RNC, CLE