From:
kathy g thorp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 1998 07:20:37 -0500
Greetings Old Wise Ones,
        I would like to "talk" with those out there that:
~   work solely as a LC  for a Peds office, and/or  those that
 ~  work at a hospital that have both inpatient service of OB and a peds
clinic attached
~  and of course any of you that would like to share their thoughts....

Questions for the LC in a Peds office:
1.  How does the Peds MD pay you for your LC work?
2.  How many hrs /month do you work for the peds office?
3.  How big is the peds practice?
4.  Decribe what you do for the LC moms for this practice?
5.  Do you rent/sell pumps?
6.  Do you have a warm line?

Questions for the inpatient AND Peds clinic in one facility:
1.  How many LCs do you have on board on a given day?
2.  Do you rent/ sell pumps?
3.  Who pays for the LC's~ Peds/ or Inpatient?
4.  How do you handle your warm line?
5.  What are your yearly pat/seen for either of these areas?
6.  Do you have a level 3 nursery with comp ob population?

Whew, better stop...this info is informal data to support why we need "a"
LC on board and I would appreciate any input! Trying to support that we
need more than one LC and I can't figure out the formula.
        Thanks!
Kathy Thorp BSN ICCE IBCLC

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]