From:
rashidah Abdullah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 1998 05:01:27 +0000
I usually just lurk and I am currently set no mail while I work on my
master's research so if you have any info for me please e-mail me privately
I am midwifery student, L&D nurse, childbirth educator and lactation
consultant wanna-be
A friend has elicited my advice on breastfeeding her 2nd child (EDC april)
she breast fed her 1st (who is nearing 3 y/o) for approximately 6 months.
she breastfed exclusively before returning to work and her daughter gained
adequate weight, but once she returned to work she was forced to supplement
with formula because she was never able to pump enough (I'm not sure what
her definition of "enough" is because she didn't ask my opinion then)
I will
* Recommend she begin pumping (or manual expression) and storage early post
partum                      delivery to  build her supply
* Ensure she uses a quality pump (any suggestions)
* Teach her to manually express
* Educate her on what quantity of milk to expect in the begriming

Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated by me, the expectant mom
and the unborn baby