From:
Marshalact <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Feb 1998 08:54:13 EST
Linda Rosetti described an encounter with a Ross formula rep regarding recalls
of Ross products. I maintain surveillance on such things and have documented
infant feeding product recalls from the early 1980s. Ross product recalls
start in 1984. The material in the book Milk, Money and Madness on recalls is
my listing which I gave the authors permission to use. You can track recalled
products through the FDA. Every Wednesday they list the cuurent crop of
recalled items at the following url:  http://www.fda.gov/opacom/hpnews.html

Click on the subject called Latest FDA Enforcement Report and it will display
a list of food and drug items recalled for the week. I use this list as a
handout when I lecture on the hazards of infant formaula to illustrate that we
are dealing with a manufactured product not food from heaven. I previously
mentioned that I would be happy to share this handout with all of you. If you
send me a self addressed stamped envelope I will mail this to you so that you
have it handy when the reps come in. I also have another handout used in the
same lecture on ridding your institution of infant formula. Yours too for a
stamped self addressed envelope!

I will be lecturing on this topic at the ILCA conference and ILCA is printing
the new Summary of the Hazards of Infant Formula Part 2 which I just
submitted. Too bad the Mother Jones article didn't print the list I have of
contaminants in infant formula. Wonder why they did not mention how bottle-fed
babies suck on silicone nipples, suck on silicone pacifiers, are given
medication for colic which are silicon drops, drink artifical milk with
bisphelol-A which has leached into it from the plastic bottle, etc.

Oh well, just tells us that we need to keep up the good work we are doing to
help mothers breastfeed.