From:
Maurenne griese <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 1998 19:12:51 -0600
"Some desk jockey at the insurance company has decided that 2 weeks worth
of
Diflucan is unnecessary."

I always wonder what type of background these people have when they deny
payment for treatment that is truly appropriate.  Do they have ANY medical
background?

One example was a call I received a few years back on the OB Floor from an
insurer that said they wouldn't pay beyond a 48 hour length of stay for a
mom and that the doctor had to discharge her.  Well she's going to be
staying for at least a couple more days, I said.  She's had a severe
postpartum hemmorhage and I'm administering her 2nd unit of packed RBCs.
This person said SHE'D HAVE TO CHECK IF THE INSURER WOULD PAY FOR THIS!!!!!

It wouldn't be as satisfying but somedays, I rather be saying "Welcome to
Mc Donald's-may I take your order?"

Maurenne Griese, RNC, BSN, CCE, CBE
Birth and Breastfeeding Resources  http://www.childbirth.org/bbfr
Manhattan, KS  USA