From:
Maurenne griese <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 10:39:13 -0600
My husband and I (we're both veterans) were discussing the situation of how
one would breastfeed in a contaminated environment.  We both recalled that
when you are in MOPP 4 (mask, mopp suit, boots, gloves) you can drink
through a special straw that goes from your canteen to your mask but you
simply don't eat.  I would suppose you could maintain lactation by
expressing or pumping and dumping.  It was a matter of making the choice of
either eating or breathing contaminated air.  I found the WHO site very
interesting.  Thank you Kathleen.

Maurenne Griese, RNC, BSN, CCE, CBE
Birth and Breastfeeding Resources  http://www.childbirth.org/bbfr
Manhattan, KS  USA