From:
Maurenne griese <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 17:40:52 -0600
Has anyone heard of Letitia Baldridge?  She served in Nixon's White House
in some PR type of position and has be recognized for years as an expert on
diplomacy and workplace realtions.  Anyway, I received a preview of her
newsletter "Executive Advantage", which looked pretty good.

Well, I got a large binder on executive leadership and the subject line of
my post was one of the subtitles in this large binder on diplomacy and
workplace realtions.  Her advice, "Be sensitive to how breast feeding in
the office will affect your career.  Do you consider the unwritten,
unspoken disapproval of your peers of any importance?   [While some
companies tolerate it], other companies will allow it becuase it's
politically correct, but they quietly slow down a woman's managerial career
if she does. In general, the safest approach to the question of breast
feeding (space-no hyphen) in the office is to avoid it.  Although breast
feeding is a natural, beautiful activity, it does distract many male
colleagues and customers, so it should not, in my opinion, done in an
office."

Just one more reason this conservative Republican thinks, "Hell yes!-we do
need legislation to protect breastfeeding".  Wishin' I could hang a boob
with my youngin's right now on Miss Letitia's doorstep.....

Feelin' a little ticked (again) and not so diplomatic

Maurenne Griese, RNC, BSN, CCE, CBE
Birth and Breastfeeding Resources  http://www.childbirth.org/bbfr
Manhattan, KS  USA