From:
Dawn M Kersula <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 1998 17:19:31 -0500
Mohrbacher and Stock's Answer Book is indeed a wonder and a wonderful
resource.  The Vermont Dept of Health recently offered a training for
office nurses throughout the state for two interactive television
trainings about breastfeeding...The "comer" for the training was a free
Answer Book for each office that signed up.  The Dept. got a great deal
from LLLI on the cost of the books (I think it was about half price).
     The office nurses were thrilled with the book (we made it part of the
training to find things within the book!).  I was thrilled as I readied
the training to once again read great stuff with League's upbeat,
mom-to-mom manner.  Bravissimo to Nancy and Julie!
     It was also a real eye-opener to see how woefully inadequate most of
the nurse's educations were about breastfeeding.  Their favorite portion
of the first training was -- the anatomy and physiology of lactation.  Woe
is me! :-( But thank heavens the Dept of Health did this training.   4
--Dawn Kersula the Green Mtn Mama , RN, IBCLC, FACCE
"Oh wonderful wonderful and yet again wonderful and after that out of all
whooping!" -- Madeline L'Engle