Date:
Tue, 30 Dec 1997 15:00:01 EST
Here in the UK,  we are also having to look at our hospital policies re how
long to leave a healthy term baby.   Dr. Jane Hawdon, Cons Neonatologist,
University College Hospital has published papers with Ward Platt, M P &
Aynsley-Green in various journals, her work may be worth looking at as far as
finding out <when does a newborn really NEED to have calories>.  The last 8
MIDIRS journals are also another good reference source as is NCT New
Generation Digest, Sept 96.  Do hope this might help and that I'm not leading
you up the wrong garden path.
Helen M. Woodman, UK BfC (NCT)