Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 7 Dec 1997 23:52:01 -0800
From:
Glenn Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
To: "Kathleen G. Auerbach" <[log in to unmask]>
Asking a doctor if he BF supportive:

He might totally think he is, and not realize the many ways that he is not, per Jack's guidelines, how to tell if your provider is truly breastfeeding friendly (or not).  I know I work with a whole slew of peds who would adamantly defend their breastfeeding friendliness, but whose protocols aren't, the minute things diverge a fraction from their "norms."

I think your other questions are much better indicators, as you say:
What are his percentages of initiates and or continued BFers, and does he have a lactation consultant either on hand, or to whom he can and does refer patients to.

 I might ask him if he can briefly state how quickly he intervenes with formula, if at all, or what his parameters are for doing so.

Sincerely,  Chanita