Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 1998 23:56:07 EST
A colleague of mine asked me to post this question on a case that has her
struggling for an answer.  The client's baby was labeled a failure to thrive
due to very poor weight gains over a period of time (I don't have exact
numbers).  The baby was started on supplement per SNS and mom is pumping after
each fdg.  What the mother has noticed is that it takes about 5 minutes for
her milk to let-down.  The LC working with this mom would like to know if any
of you have ideas for medical or other intervention (herbal, etc) that might
enhance the let-down.

Once again, thank you for you expertise.  I find this group to be an
invaluable resource!!!

K. Lipke, RN, IBCLC