From:
MMurphy856 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jan 1998 16:23:06 EST
I am a peditrician in Ohio and see a fair number of nursing couples. Lately I
have been seeing a few mom-baby couples with yeast that have failed topical
treatment so I've been using diflucon. (not a big deal I thought,nyway I've
found that not many physicains in my area are willing to be that "radical",so
I've been getting a number of desperate calls from moms who are not really in
my practice).
My question is to any pediatricians out there that treat both mom and baby for
yeast, mastitis, etc. What do you do about prescribing, charting, etc for the
mom? Also what do you do with patients that cannot really switch to your
practice on an ongoing basis- ex. they live too far away or you are not on
their insurance plan. Do you send information to their physician about your
therapy? Do you send them educational references?
I'd be interested to know? Please E-mail me privately.