From:
Mamadanz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Dec 1997 10:16:35 EST
I for one missed the episode because we had our LLL meeting last night.  But
this AM I asked my 15 year old daughter if the children had watched it. She
replied they had.

I asked how it was.  She mentioned many of the things all of you all ready
have.  She did seem to feel that Jamie (Helen Hunt's character) was not
pleased with the outcome - saying they had "broken Mabel's heart" and that
this would not be done again. Maybe I'm wrong - but to me this shows a
positive learning experience coming from a negative.  How many young parents
HAVE tried to let their babies "cry it out" and HAVE learned in the process
that it is heart wrenching and NOT the right thing to do?  Perhaps in the long
run - Paul and Jamie may have saved a few children from this same fate???

Oh course, I am most proud of my children's reactions to this show. My oldest
two watched (18 and 15) and my 15 year old daughter said they were both
yelling at the TV for the half hour. Heather said that David actually yelled
the most, yelling - GO PICK UP THE BABY ALREADY!  When his sister asked him if
when he had children he would go this route with them, he vehemently replied -
NO WAY!

This is one mom that is smiling ear-to-ear!!!!

Have a good day everyone and try to look for the positives!!!

Warmly,
Sheila Angalet
LLL - Edison, NJ
smiling mom of 5