From:
Annelies Bon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 1998 14:28:11 +0000
Linda wrote:

<<<
An article on the "Breastfed kids are brighter" study from Pediatrics
Jan
98 even made the Dayton Daily News.

Six years ago I was labeled a "zealot" by a senior official in my state
health department for saying and writing simiar ideas. How the worm
turns,
eh? I wanted to clip the article and stuff it in his... er, hand.

Could it be that we've won? The combined efforts of all breastfeeding
advocates round the world, has actually turned the tide toward
acknowledging normal infant feeding? Dare we hope? >>>

I really think that it is caused by the efforts of the bf advocates.
Including LactNet and Lactivist. People of LactNet and Lactivist have
written a lot of letters esp to newspapers, what they probably wouldn't
have done that much, if they weren't on Lactnet and Lactivist. I really
think it made that much difference, that the journalists now picked up
this news and showed it as being important!

The research was even mentioned on the Dutch national news on tv! A few
years we wouldn't even have dreamed about it...

thank you, people of LactNet and Lactivist!
--
Annelies Bon               http://www.flnet.nl/~0bon01/bfbronnen.html
bf counsellor in training of the Dutch bf org "Borstvoeding Natuurlijk"