From:
Patricia Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 1997 19:09:28 -0500
Dear Anne, You might not know that my favorite activity is NOT reinventing
the wheel...so I called Kay Hoover, who has written a lovely "To know your
baby is getting enough" log.  It is reprintable and FREE!  Just e-mail Kay
at  [log in to unmask] and she will send you one through the Philadelphia
Department of Health, Office of Maternal and Child Health.
The "log" has been tested in the community and has been changed to read
record, not log.  Stool has been changed to BM.  It is very simple and easy
to use.  The back page  has a BF checklist and space for LC or LLL #s. The
cover pix can be easily changed to reflect your community.
Kay says the chart is based on bottle-feeding babies from the 40's & 50's.
There are no current studies on output of totally BF babies in the first
week of life.  Kay says the chart seems to pretty much match what we
actually see, but wouldn't it be great if some researcher would like to
take this study on!  If you are at all interested in doing a study Kay says
she would be glad to share the literature search she has done. (She says
they are pee & poop studies!)
Enjoy! Sincerely, Pat Young in SNJ, USA