From:
finework <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 1997 08:31:25 +0000
Judy,

The law varies from state to state, and perhaps even by county.
You'll need to check with the jury commissioner where you live.  Here
in Riverside County, California, there is an exemption for anyone who
is providing care for another person between the hours of 8am-5pm and
there is no reasonable alternate care available.  The form asks for
the name and age of the person(s) you care for and your relationship
to them.  All I've written for the past five years is my daughters'
names and ages and that I am their mother, with no mention of
breastfeeding or why someone else couldn't care for them,
 and I've receive the exemption each time.

When dealing with the legal system, it is a good approach IMHO to
focus on the issue of mother/child seperation rather than to make
breastfeeding the issue.

Dorothy Rae Collier, Moreno Valley, CA