From:
Annelies Bon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Nov 1997 21:17:28 +0000
Barbara Hayes wrote:
<<<
When my grandson was recently born in Holland I noted that everyone who
came
to visit was offered a buttered bisquit covered with colored "jimmies", the
sprinkles that you put on top of ice cream. You buy them in the grocery
store
and can choose blue for boys, pink for girls.  My Dutch son-in-law
explained
that they were licorice flavored (anise) and when I questioned further, I
found that it is believed the anise will increase the mother's milk
production.  So-o- everyone always takes one and the mother eats it with
them
so everyone is assisting her to build up her milk supply. Great idea!
Barbara Hayes>>>

Anice is also seen as a weed that will help the uterus to shrink after
delivery.
--
Annelies Bon               http://www.flnet.nl/~0bon01/bfbronnen.html
mother of Dirk 6yo, Tom 5yo, Pieter 20mo