Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
BrehenyFam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Dec 1997 19:05:32 EST

<< don't think it's the asking that bothers Maureen so much -- like me, she
 does what she can, when she can -- it's the public reprimand for not
 responding "Johnny-on-the-spot" which was rather rude, not to mention
 unnecessary.  We don't spend all our time actively hooked up to LactNet!!
 Not to mention that sometimes emails sent never arrive -- either the request
 never arrived or the answer was lost in cyber space on its way back.  And we
 do have jobs, families, etc.

Since I am the one being reprimanded now, I feel I must reply.  First of all
it was almost a month since my original post to Ms. Minchin before I received
her reply.  Second, if I would have had any clue on where to find the
references I would have looked them up myself.  I am very capable of doing
this but her original post simply stated the mls and the days postpartum.  I
wanted to be able to use these figures, but not without reading the
research/literature for my self and making a judgment on how reliable the
study that produced these figures were.  It was not my intent to cause any
undue hardship on Ms. Minchin or anyone else that writes posts to LACTNET.
Nor did I want anyone to laborously look up things that I am capable of
looking up for myself.  I just wanted someone who may have a knowledge about
where these figures came from to let me know.  I stated that I had not heard
from Ms. Minchin because I did not want to be reprimanded myself for not
contacting the source of the original post.  Again I am sorry to anyone that I
have offended by asking a question.  I thought that was the reason we had this
forum.

Denise Breheny, RN IBCLC
Fayetteville, NC