From:
Janice Berry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 1998 13:57:17 -0500
Somehow -- I believe because I sent them a complaint before about some
pro-Ferber article they wrote -- I ended up on an email list of Family.com
plugging their great new features. One was this:

"The Pacifier Problem": You either hate 'em or love 'em. Your mother-in-law
certainly has something to say about them. Now here, from the expert, Dr.
Barton Schmitt offers some reassuring advice about what's been called a
"necessary evil."

There's not a single mention of problems pacifiers may cause to breasfed
babies. Pacifiers are presented in glowing terms. Geez, even the mainstream
parenting magazines will occasionally mention "possible problems with a few
breastfed babies." Oh, and guess who sponsors this section of Family.com
and flies their ads  across the top of the page? Nestle-Carnation. Ugh.

Go to
http://family.disney.com/Categories/Parenting/
and click on this article. Also check out the "pacifier pointers" for
recommendations.

Janice Berry
Columbus, OH