Date:
Wed, 31 Dec 1997 04:04:37 EST
Imho, I would not want any knife to go near me. Read as much as possible on
the subject (uptodate and not reprinted garbage), found out who is the expert
(they would have to be very supportive of bfding) and by then tincture of time
may well see the lumps gone. I have found Dr. Miriam Stoppard's 1996 book on
the breast an informative read for the likes of me with no medical background,
it could be a starting point (this is *not* a book on bfding, imo I'm not keen
on her bfding books).  Don't forget the use of an expert operator/reader of
ultrasound.  If it gets to probing the breast then no knives but FNAC - fine
needle aspiration under mammographic guidance or ultrasound.  On looking at
pictures of mammograms it looks as though it really squeezes the breast, must
bruise it, I would worry about getting blocked ducts, mastitis, whilst bfding?
Any experiences on this one?
I wish this mum well. I'll soon be back at the paid job and school runs so
you've got my penn'thworth until then, AND this means of communication was my
Christmas present! regards all, Helen M. Woodman. UK NCT BFC.