From:
Nleeguitar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Dec 1997 18:18:57 EST
Hi Folks!
    Happy holidays to all!  In the book Continuum Concept, wherein the author
(Jean Leidloff or Leidlum ...I apologise for not remembering) went and lived
with a tribe of hunter-gatherers in South America for several years, the
comment was made that she never saw a baby spit up save once, when the child
was ill. In the US, babies are not commonly carried in arms or cloth carriers:
they are pushed around on wheels or carried (very awkwardly in rigid plastic
shells)...could all the reflux we see be a result of "detachment parenting"
(as opposed the attachment parenting described in the book)? Nikki