Date:
Wed, 15 Oct 1997 17:34:57 -0000
        While I agree that KISS (keep it super simple) approach is best I'm not so
convinced about the use of the word 'formula'.  When I attended the
Lactation Educator course from UCLA they were using the term Artificial
Breast Milk.  I thought "what?? Why that term?  Isn't that alittle too far
out?"
        After digesting this term alittle bit I now agree that this term makes
more of a statement about what 'formula' is.  I believe that the Lay public
interprets "formula' as scientifically generated and therefore-good, if not
BETTER?!
        With this understanding in mind I have been using Artificial Breast Milk
more to drive home the point that it is not BEST, or BETTER but ARTIFICIAL.
        Anyone else with these thoughts?
Lucy

> From: Pam Wiggins <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: "Formula" for failure
> Date: Tuesday, October 14, 1997 1:48 PM
>
> Barbara Wilson-Clay said:
>
> I vote for the 'keep it simple' approach.  I call what mothers make:
"milk,"