From:
V_DERR_PNP <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 1997 19:05:05 -0800
Hi,
I am an NP and LE in a HMO and I hope somebody can give me some advice.  I
have a 37 week gestation 5lb 13oz vaginal delivery with a rather large
posterior cephalohematoma who is breast feeding nicely.  Six greenish loose
stools yesterday with many wet diapers.  Today,Day 5 at 2am, milk came in
and having seedy yellow stools and nursing 20 minutes q3hours.  Problem is
total bilirubin is 25.3 with a direct of .03.  Peds is admitting to the
hospital for bili lights and stopping bf.  I talked to peds until blue in
the face and he still said no bf until bili comes down.  Mother is upset as
she did not initially get to bf until baby was 10 hours old due to head
possible problems.  I think she will not give formula not matter what but
what could I possibly say to MD that will convince him otherwise.  Thanks,
Vivian