Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Cathy Carothers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Oct 1997 08:48:21 CDT
Fiona wrote about the 2 1/2 year old asking, "Can't we just go get some
(breast milk) at the shop?"  When my now 5-year-old was a nursing 3 year old,
he once asked to "noosh" when I was tired and busy.  I'm ashamed to say I
lamely replied, "Later...I don't have any milk right now," and with that he
perked up with wide eyes and excitedly said, "If you just let me noosh I can
make some more!"  My jaws dropped, his request was met, and never again did I
try to pass on misinformation.  Amazing...even a toddler can figure out this
simple process that adults sometimes try to make so difficult!

Cathy Carothes, IBCLC
State WIC Breastfeeding Coordinator
Mississippi State Department of Health