From:
Keli M Sorrentino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Sep 1997 13:33:02 -0400
On Wed, 3 Sep 1997 00:45:39 -0700 Anne Robb <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
>- I limit my comments to, "it can stain, so you might
>want to
>think about ways to protect your clothing, breathable bra liners,
>either
>commercial or homemade, and some "burp cloths" for catching baby drool
>are a
>good idea, bleach does a great job of getting it out of whites..."

I am new to the list and haven't had time to do my introduction yet. But,
I wanted to comment on this. In my college days, I worked in the
microbiology lab as an assistant. If you have taken a microbiology lab
you know that many stains are used and gentian violet is one. Anyway, we
told all students that if they got stain on their clothing they should
take it home, spray it with aerosol hair spray and then wash normally. Of
course, I had lots of experience with stained clothing and this almost
always removed the stain.
For some reason, pump hair spray didn't work as well ( or so the
professor said ). It also works great for pen-ink. Just thought I would
throw that out for you all to try - better to try then have to throw
something away.

Keli