From:
wannablc <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 1997 23:49:14 PST
I have in my posession a brochure from Target (dept. store) a brochure
advertising the Target Lullaby Club, which is a baby registery club. They
talk about the ADVANTAGES OF NATURAL FEEDING.  (no b word) but on the very
headline THE ADVANTAGES OF BOTTLE FEEDING.

"Just as there are advantages to breast feeding, there are also many
benefits to bottle feeding.  Talk to your healthcare professional.  Talk to
moms, find out why they breast fed or bottlefed.  Here are a few advantages
to bottle feeding:

*Bottle feeding doesn't tie mom to baby, so you can work outside the home,
shop and maybe even sleep through the night.

*Bottle feeding allows Dads to share in the feeding responsibilities.
(Although breastfed babies can be fed by dad too by using a bottle of
expressed breastmilk)

*Bottle feeding doesn't dictate your diet.  You can have spicy foods
whenever you want.

*Many moms find it more comforteable to bottlefeed in public than to
breastfeed.

*For some moms breastfeeding can be very physically uncomforteable.

*Studies show that formula takes longer to digest than breast milk, so
bottle fed babies may not need to be fed as frequently."

This piece of misinformation is being distributed on a massive scale in
every target store in the USA to pregnant mothers every day.

HELLLLLOOO!
I guess it will take more than gentian violet to sink this ship!

LUV YOU ALL
Deb Leask