From:
Helen Vermilya <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Sep 1997 00:32:57 -0400
Hi, Lactnetters!
I don't believe I have formally introduced myself. I am from Williamsport,
PA. I have worked as an OB nurse for about 23 years or more in L&D, Nursery,
and Mother-Baby. The two hospitals here in the big city of 37,000 that had
OB units combined through an alliance about 3 years back. Fortunately I had
enought seniority I had my choice of shift. I was a case manager, but lost
that position through the alliance. I have taught childbirth classes for
about 10 years and took the BSC program for lactation consultants and became
IBCLC certified in 1995. Even though I have worked with breastfeeding
mothers for many years it is different in this position. I work 12 to 16
hours a week as LC.
I have found Lacnet to be a wonderful source for all kinds of information.
Much of which I was not familiar. I can't express how thrilled I am to be a
part of this great list.
Helen