From:
Randy Halpern <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 1997 16:42:08 -0400
As a physician I have learned a great deal from this message board.  I have
been impressed with the quality of the information and the level of
professionalism.  However, I take offense at titles such "ADD TO THE LIST OF
DUMB THINGS DOC SAY"  Some doctors are worse than others and may provide
misinformation just as any professionalincluding Lactation consultants may.
 The purpose of this board it seems, should be to provide information to
those who need it and correct misinformation in an evenhanded and
professional manner.  Condescending remarks such as this are no better than
the unprofessional attitude many physicians have toward Lactation Consultants
and La Leche League Leaders.  By condoning this sort of message title you are
guilty of the same sort of behavior which you have been trying to change in
physicians and other health professionals.  It makes me feel unwelcome here.

Peter Salomon, MD