From:
Anne Robb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 1997 23:50:58 -0700
I was wondering about the hydrogel thing -- I severly burned myself with
some spilled boiling tea about 5.5 years ago and one of the things a
pharmacist turned me onto, while he was ordering my HUGE tub of zinc oxide
(he couldn't believe the area that was burned was as big as the Rx
indicated...)was called "2nd Skin" by Spenco which are "sterile 96% water
and 4% polyethylene oxide on and inert material" kinda like aloe vera jell
on a guaze pad -- they are in the first aide/burn treatment areas of most
drug stores, easy to get though not cheap!! They were marvelous and when
refridgerated and then applied, ooooh I still remember the relief... at
anyrate since every gauze pad out there stuck to the wounds (3rd adn 4th
degree) and caused me agony these were a wellcome relief... a bit hard to
keep applied without slipping around, but well worth it.

Is this the same stuff the "new" cracked nipple treatments are made from?
How would this be better than the Lansinoh? are we talking the difference
between treating bleeding really open splits and cracks vs raw soreness?

curious about this,

Anne E. Robb, MAT, LLLL
Off on a Tangent, Oregon, USA
mailto:[log in to unmask]