From:
Janet Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 1997 13:06:14 -0700
Hi All,
I think that it depends on what type of bra we are talking about as far as
wearin ghtme to bed.  If it is a daytime (keep them up where they "belong")
bra, then I also reccommend to my clients to not wear one to bed.  I suggest
the towels etc, like most others.  But, if these moms are anything like me
when it comes to leaking...then I do suggest a sleep bra to bed.  These are
no-support type bras and are great for keeping bra pads on so that you don't
soak the bed and your hubby and baby don't float away with a let-down in the
middle of the night. :)  If the mom is one who doesn't normally wear bras
anyway, they are great to wear during the daytime to just keep those bra
pads on so you don't soak your clothes everytime you nurse the baby. ;)
However, I found, much to my surprise (and my hubbys delight), that my
husbands tank-top t-shirts (the tight ones, not the loose ones with the arm
holes that hang to your knees) are great to wear at night and keep a
spit-rag or a small towel over whichever breast is not being nursed from (so
you don't flood the bed).  My hubbys are too small for me to wear in public,
but he sure enjoys it, and they work well.  They are also great for those
HOT Sacramento nights when it is still 80 deg at 11pm, and you don't want to
run the A/C all night long.
Take care!
Jay
Sitting here in nice HOT Sacramento wishing it would cool down again 'cause
I have to go back out in this heat and I don't wanna!
Jay Simpson, CLE
Sacramento, CA
"No Miracles performed here, just a lot of love and hard work."