From:
Janet Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 1997 15:09:56 -0700
HI All,
I need info on a med (antibiotic) called Cefizot(x) (SP?)  Dr prescribed to
mom, said it was OK then a nurse came in told, the mom the Dr was wrong and
that it was not OK (nice of her to question the Drs orders to the patient,
hmmm?) and now the mom is concerned.  It took more than 2 hours for the mom
to find out what the drug was and the only way we found out was to call the
hosp and pretend we were social workers!  Then the nurse didn't seem to be
sure of the speeling of the drug.  Sigh...this particular hosp has always
been a real problem.  They refused to give the mom (who has a 2.5 no old
exclusively BF baby) a pump for 24 hrs bc she was also given COmprazine and
they didn't want her to pumo and send the milk home to the baby until the
COmprzine was out of her system.  Needless to say, mom became horribly
engorged.  We have alsready discussed patient complaint issues as well as
possible lawsuit if her milk supply is compromised bc of the engorgement.
TIA for the info on the med~!

Now, as far as bras go...
I, too, am a DD/E cup and wear bras for support.  Trouble is I have a heck
of a timme finding one that fits properly, comfortably and isn't an
underwire.  Underwires have been the only bras I could wear for years that
would keep me well supported.  However, during lactation, I won't wear an
underwire bc of the risks of plugged ducts, etc.  Around the house I usually
just wear a sleep bra (Lots of support there!  :D) to keep my bra pads from
falling on the floor (I leak a lot...understatement) but I look hysterical!
I would never go out in public in no bra bc it just doesn't look good and I
am uncomfortable not only for appearances sake, but also bc these things are
heavy!  I am only 5'4" and believe me I look well endowed!  Hubby doesn't
mind, but I do get tired of the oggling I get from other men.  Now if my
breasts were nice and pert and didn't need the support, I would rather not
wear a bra.  They are a pain, and I hate it when a white bra shows up under
a white/lite colored top.  Tacky....
Anyway, bras have their place, but sure wish we didn't need them!
Jay

Jay Simpson, CLE
Sacramento, CA
Mama Milk is the Greatest!