Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 1997 18:58:48 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (14 lines)
A few months ago I was thrilled to be invited to participate in a comprehensive review of feeding policies for the Children's Hospital where I work.  The committee has had an unusually difficult time finding its way.  At first we tried to determine 'Principles" we could all agree on.  Unfortunately the knowledge base was not sufficient for all involved to feel comfortable with that.  Then the focus was on how to at least get the committee educated.  I am pretty frustrated that now the focus has changed again.  Our new direction (given by a committee superior to ours) is to begin at the beginning with the admission of the tiniest sickest babies.  However I may feel about this, I really do want this to take off.  

So here is my request-If anyone works in a hospital with an NICU would you please be willing to share your hospital's printed policies on feedings. I have made some phone calls and it has been very difficult to get the data we need for comparison.  I would be very grateful.  The culture here is willing to change to keep with the self perception of being the very best and yet not being so avant guarde that it might be risky or wrong.  
Thanks to anyone who can carve out a minute to Fax this to me.
tracy
Fax)503-413-2400
W)503-413-2800

tracy throckmorton rn ibclc
portland oregon
mailto:[log in to unmask]

ATOM RSS1 RSS2