From:
Becky Krumwiede <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 1997 10:50:07 -0400
<<I was wondering about the recent post about diluting the 1% by half which
sounded like the person thought they were diluting to 1/2% alcohol?... was
it the alcohol or the gentian violet concentration? Just curious.>>

Sorry that I wasn't clear--of course I know that diluting 1% G.V. half and
half with water will give you a 1/2% G.V. solution and that whatever the
alcohol concentration was to start with, it will now be half as much.
Since all the literature I've read recommends 1/2 to 1% aqueous gentian
violet, I thought diluting it with water might make it less irritating but
still be effective.

<<I shared Jack Newman MD's handouts with thepharmacist>>

Kathleen--I assume these are handouts from a conference I didn't attend :-(
but are they published somewhere?

Becky Krumwiede, RN, IBCLC, Appleton, WI