Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Allan McIntyre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Jul 1997 18:58:04 +0930
Read in the Breastfeeding Answer Book (p128) that caffeine may affect the
let-down reflex in some mothers. However there is no reference for this
statement and I have not found it mentioned in any other text. Does anyone
know of any references for this or for the reasoning behind this?
I appreciate that caffeine may cause some babies to become irritable and
this then may affect how well they feed at the breast but I'm not sure how
it affects the let-down specifically.
Ellen McIntyre, MSc, IBCLC, South Australia