From:
Barbara Hannevig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 1997 14:49:38 -0400
Hello again after a long absence...
I have not had the time ...but I've still got the inclination...and now I
have a problem with which I'm hoping someone has had some experience.
I have a mom who has exclusively BF for 5 mos.  Ex-dad has been granted 3
hours/wk with the boy by the family court and the lawyer wants that up to 48
hours/week by age 6 mos..  Jeffrey (the baby) doesn't know this stranger from
Adam and spent his first three hour visit wailing.  Mom's ped suggests joint
visits for awhile (which is also what I suggested with some expressed BM to
be sent along when he does go to ex-dad's place and maybe a familiar smelling
shirt of mom's) so dad wouldn't seem so strange.  Mom thinks dad is not
likely to try all this.  She has asked to use me and the ped. as references
in court.
1.   What would any of you suggest to ease this new relationship for the
baby?
     Mom is willing to try anything to make this whole unpleasant mess less
traumatic
      for her son.
2.  What is my legal liability in this case if any?  I've only seen this mom
once since
    she has had no problems with BF...until now.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Barb Hannevig,RN