Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 22 Sep 1997 06:41:59 -0500
7bit
From:
DENISE STUART <[log in to unmask]>
Hi again.  I need some resources on sensitivities in utero from mom's
diet.  I have a prenatal client in the WIC clinic who began
breastfeeding her last two babies but quit because "they were allergic
to my milk" as she says.  They were put on Nutramigen and Progestimil
respectively.  She is gestational diabetic and her internist has here
this goal.  I discussed this with our dietician and she disagrees with
me that this baby could also be sensitive to milk from being exposed
in utero.  I need some good backup articles.  I would appreciate as
much physiology as possible so I can fully understand how this happens
when I approach both the dietician and the internist.  The "damage"
may be done with this case already but for future cases, I need to be
more prepared!  Thanks to all of you.

As I read my last post about the yeast,  I noticed I forgot to say
this mom also has blanching of her nipples that lasts about 30 seconds
and not every feeding.  One of our family practice directors mentioned
putting her on Nifidipine for this but I really do not think it
warrants any treatment in this situation because she says warm
compresses help when it happens. Do you think this is relevant?

Also the mom with the periareolar incisions for the breasts implants
did start on fenugreek and is producing about 1/2 to 3/4 of his feeds.
She is having some problems with letdown that we are working on which
may be as much due to this little one's ineffective suck without flow
as her MER.  It sure takes two!  Too bad it is always the mom that
gets blamed when there are breastfeeding difficulties!  I have found
mother's have more patience in working out the difficulty if I focus
more on the baby's behavior in the situation.  They are willing to
give the baby more time to "learn".