Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 1997 09:58:39 -0000
HI lactnetters,
   I got a call that is confusing me. I will see mom tomorrow so
hopefully will have more details and can see for myself what is going on
then, but mean while I'd like sugesstions from all you brilliant minds.
Baby 4Mos healthy , full term ,not a traumatic birth. Excellent weight
gain. Mom had nipple soreness and deep breast pain on left from birth. No
redness,crack or flakiness on nipple,no antibiotics for either of them,.
no lumps, hardness or redness of breast. Right side seemed ok. No
artificcial nipples used. 2 mos ago, baby began refusing right side and
pain on left getting worse. Baby will nurse on right if very sleepy and
at night,but otherwise actively refuses. Baby been to the doctor ,no ear
infection . Right side does not hurt when he does nurse. I tried to
describe starting baby on left and sliding him over to football hold on
right but my description over the phone confused mom.  I will be able to
see position and latch tomorow but what else could be going on here?
       Thanks
 Mary Graden LLL Leader Idaho