From:
Ros Escott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 May 1997 14:31:40 +0000
> does anyone have information regarding the effect of using a
> tanning booth for 15 to 20 minutes 3 days a week on the breastmilk
> production?

I am not aware that there would be any effect on lactation, except
that UV lamps used on sore nipples appear to actually delay healing
because of their drying effect. Uultaviolet exposure ages skin
prematurely and increases the risk of cancer. Does she really want
to do this to herself?

Here in Tasmania we are too close for comfort to the hole in the
ozone layer that lets through UV rays.  We are being continually
educated to be super-conscious of UV exposure.  Why take an
unnecessary risk in order to look tanned now and wrinkly later?

Ros Escott
Tasmania, Australia