From:
Joan Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jun 1995 18:17:12 -0400
Re:

>I just came from the dentist with my little one and I am FUMING.
>The pediatric dentist told me that my 2 older children have so many dental
>problems because they were BF beyond a year ( 3 years for each of them). He
>also told me that there are studies to prove he's right. was

Sorry,w3 {I I don't have any spec?;/{fic references for you.  Maybe
someone else will, but anecdotally I can tell you that my 16 year old
nursed for 3 years and 3 months and to this day has never had a cavity and
does not need any orthdontic work.

My 12 year old did develop a couple of small cavities while we were living
in Germany.  He was aged 4 3/4 to 7 1/2 at the time and the Canadian
dentist we saw there told us that it was because of a lack of fluoridation
in the water. He has not had any cavities since and he also does not need
any orthodontic work.  He nursed for 4 years and 4 omths and both of them
nursed at night.

--
******Joan M. Fisher, RN, BN, MEd, IBCLC******
***********Ottawa, Ontario, Canada************