Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Alicia Dermer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 1997 20:34:57 -0400
Hi, all!  After the recent Time magazine article on infant brain
development which totally omitted any reference to breastfeeding, I
thought you might be interested in a Special Edition Spring/Summer 1997
issue of Newsweek entitled "Your Child: From Birth to Three".  Although I
have only scanned the entire issue, and have yet to read certain articles
in detail (such as the one on infant sleep which mentions both Ferber and
McKenna but appears to take a negative slant against co-sleeping), I did
find a box in the leading article "How to Build a Baby's Brain", entitled
"Rooting for Intelligence:  Breast-feeding is good for health and
bonding.  And mother's milk may have another payoff: boosting a child's
IQ scores".  This is a pretty good summary of what we all know, although
there are some mild inaccuracies about bf.  Check it out, and if so
inclined, send some well deserved positive letters to Newsweek.  Alicia.