From:
Chris Hafner-Eaton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Jun 1997 19:44:29 -0800
Katharine:  I haven't heard about this specific case, but I do know that
coronary heart disease and COPD has been studied in relation to both the
high consumption of cows' milk and the homogenization and pasteurization
process in the US.  Apparently, there are detrimental effects of drinking
milk (specifically cows' milk) into and throughout adulthood (shock of the
century, right?) If I'm not mistaken, I think Dr. Frank Oski wrote about
this some years back.  Now, keep in mind that the people who bring us ABM
also bring us the "Got Milk" campaign.  They would have us believe that
there are no other foods with calcium.

: )Chris Hafner-Eaton, PhD, MPH, CHES, IBCLC  email: [log in to unmask]   : )
: )HSR & Health Educational Consultant        voice/fax: 541 753 7340    : )
: )LLLLLLLLLLLLL**CHANGE THE WORLD, NURTURE A CHILD!**LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL : )