From:
Lori Werrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Sep 1997 14:14:39 -0700
Greetings,
I am currently working up an outline for a class for women returning to
work outside the home, school, or whatever that wish to continue
breastfeeding.  I would appreciate any insights people have on what works
for this class.  Copies of outlines or names of good videos, handouts etc
would be great.  I know what I tell moms when they come to rent or buy
pumps, but I don't get their undivided attention for 2 hours like I will
in a class. Also what other topics are people teaching in class form.  I
have a prenatal class and now this class (also what do you call your
class for these women, I am tentitively calling it "the working nursing
mother" but that leaves out a lot of people for whom the class may be
appropriate).  The hospital where I am teaching these class seems open to
scheduling other topics.  These classes are free and the hospital is
paying me by the hour.  Any thoughts?

Thanks

Lori Werrell, BA, IBCLC
Leonardtown, MD