From:
"John J. Walker" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jun 1997 08:01:59 -0400
Any other info out there on doxycycline and breastfeeding. I have Tom Hale's
book.  I have a mom who's baby is 9 months old and breastfeeding frequently.
Mom was given the RX and basically told  you can pump and discard for 10
days and give formula.  The person on the phone never asked her any
questions regarding her wishes concerning this or anything else.  Mom
needless to say wants more answers and has asked for other alternatives to
this drug. She was told there was none.  She has been having some abd. pain
which her MD thinks is uterine tenderness with inflammation of the tube on
one side.  Lots of allergy potential in this family so she doesn't even want
to think about using formula.  Smart mom that she made another phone call.
TIA !

Laura Walker RNC, IBCLC