From:
blwhelan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jun 1997 07:11:49 +0000
> I would especially love to see the MDs on our list make this suggestion,
> and also share their experience with Ms. Panzer.  I don't see the yeast
> issue abating anytime soon given the current obstetrical climate; let's
> be proactive!

Lisa,
This was precisely the same response I received when I approached the
Pfizer rep a year ago  regarding Diflucan -- after he registered
shock that I should use HIS drug for something other than those uses
with official indication.
I agree though -- It seems a bit ridiculous that we are all aware of
the safety profile, and the proper use of this pharmaceutical, and
the people who stand to make the most money from its sale aren't
prepared to explore the indication at all!?

Barbara Whelan
Barbara Whelan, M. D.
London, Ontario

email:  [log in to unmask]