From:
Pam Wiggins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 May 1997 14:52:41 -0400
The local March of Dimes here is now raising money and has constructed a
large sign with a graph on it to record contributions.  The sign is in the
shape of a BABY BOTTLE!!!Not only is it in a prominent place in front of the
community college but they got newspaper publicity and photo saying how
great it was that the local high school art and shop class constructed it. I
have GOT to say something....I can't let it go.  Any clever ideas for a
letter to the editor saying how inappropriate this is? The MARCH OF DIMES,
whose goal is healthy children! Unbelievable!???!!!

By the way, my grown son who was so sick and couldn't eat ANYTHING without
vomiting is a little better.  He has had 3 "doses" of donor breastmilk and
is feeling much better after NO food for 3 weeks. Had first BM 8 hours after
the first dose. But he is still not on solid food.    Thanks for all your
support and prayers and emails.

Pam Wiggins, IBCLC, Franklin VA
http://www.bookzone.com/breastfeeding