From:
Chris Hafner-Eaton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 1997 21:42:24 -0800
Fenugreek capsules or tincture are the preferred forms for building up milk
supply.  Please note that culinary herbs are not of the same grade or
freshness, nor of guaranteed potency, as medicinal herbs.  I start moms on
one capsule three times per day and see how she does.  If she "tolerates"
this (ie. no bizarre reactions or stomach upset), then we work up to 3 caps
TID. The response usually is rapid and moms usually see a difference within
3 days, although the full response isn't seen for over a week.  Please keep
in mind that these are OTC here and I am not a licensed medical
practitioner.  That translates to me giving the mom articles and
information and letting her make the decision as to how to proceed.
Because of the widely varying dosages/potency, freshness, and purity, I do
prefer certain brands which are available only by mail order (email me
privately if you want a few sources). 'Hope this helps.

: )Chris Hafner-Eaton, PhD, MPH, CHES, IBCLC  email: [log in to unmask]   : )
: )HSR & Health Educational Consultant        voice/fax: 541 753 7340    : )
: )LLLLLLLLLLLLL**CHANGE THE WORLD, NURTURE A CHILD!**LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL : )