From:
Joy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Apr 1997 13:43:44 +0900
>I have been searching for current articles on fathers and
>breastfeeding,  the things I have found were written in the 70's. Does
>any one know of any recent information / articles on this?
>Thanks so much ---

Here are a few I have:

Jordan PL & Wall VR, Breastfeeding and Fathers: Illuminating the Darker
Side, Birth 17: 210-213 (1990)

Freed G et al, Attitudes of Expectant Fathers Regarding Breastfeeding,
Pediatrics  89: 224-227 (1992)

Jordan PL & Wall VR, Supporting the Father When an Infant is Breastfed,  J
Hum Lact 9(1): 31-34 (1993)

Walker M, Fathers and Breastfeeding (Letter),  J Hum Lact 9(4): 221 (1993)

Guigliani ERJ et al, Effect of Breastfeeding Support from Different Sources
on Mothers' Decisions to Breastfeed,  J Hum Lact 10(3): 157-161 (1994)

Gamble D & Morse JM, Fathers of breastfed infants: postponing and types of
involvement, JOGNN 22(4): 358-365 (1993)

Giugliani ERJ et al, Are fathers prepared to encourage their partners to
breastfeed? A study about fathers' knowledge of breast feeding, Acta
Paediatr 83: 1127-31 (1994)

Scott J, Breastfeeding: identifying a role for fathers,  Child and
Antenatal Nutrition Bulletin No.29:1-2 (1996)

Joy Anderson B.Sc. Dip.Ed. Grad.Dip.Med.Tech. IBCLC
Nursing Mothers' Association of Australia Breastfeeding Counsellor
Perth, Western Australia.   mailto:[log in to unmask]