Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Margy Porter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jul 1997 08:56:58 -0400
I forwarded the Jessica Mydek letter as many of you may have. My father had
seen the letter before and knew that it was not sponsored by the American
Cancer Society. I hope that you can follow up your letters like I have. If
you want the ACS info directly, check it at http://www.cancer.org. The
following was copied from that site.

As far as the American Cancer Society can determine, the story of Jessica
Mydek is completely
unsubstantiated. No fundraising efforts are being made by the American
Cancer Society
using chain letters of any kind. Furthermore, the email address [log in to unmask]
is inactive.
Any messages to the American Cancer Society should be instead sent through
the American Cancer
Society website at http://www.cancer.org.

This particular chain letter with its heartbreaking story appears to have
struck an emotional chord
with online users. Although we are very concerned that the American Cancer
Society's name has
been used to manipulate the online public, we applaud the good intentions of
all who participated in
this letter. We are pleased to note that there are so many caring
individuals out there and hope that
they will find another way to support cancer research. Jessica Mydek's
story, whether true or false,
is representative of that of many cancer patients who benefit daily from the
efforts of legitimate
cancer organizations nationwide.