Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
sally bishop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 1997 00:51:36 EDT
        Hello>>I am Sally Bishop, a LLL Leader and WIC Peer Counselor in
northern Utah.  Just had an experience with a client and Paxil, which is
in the same class as Zoloft.  According to the "Pregnancy Riskline"
(University of Utah Medical Center, co-sponsored by Utah Department of
Health, 1-800-822-2229, 1-801-583-2229, no charge for services), Paxil,
Zoloft and Prozac are contra-indicated during BF because they concentrate
in the breastmilk.  According to an unpublished study in Canada (don't
have a citation, but PR might be able to give one) serum levels of the
infants approached that of the mothers'.  Side affects in the babies were
hyper-alertness, agitation, skipping naps, and not sleeping even at
night.  My client was only partially BF (she was relactating after the
second one-week separation from her 6 m.o. in a month) and her baby would
wake up every hour to cry for an hour.  After switching to a soy formula
until she could check with Dr on medication, he was back to normal after
just 24 hours, "only waking several times a night to feed, not to cry."
Her situation is still unresolved.  Hope this is helpful with the Zoloft
question.
        Also just had a big surprise this weekend:  my 4y.o. son was
diagnosed with Kawasaki's Syndrome.  I must admit I have had mixed
feelings about nursing this long (also have a 15 m.o.), but this
experience has made me very grateful that he still receives the wonderous
substances that only I can give him.  Can anyone tell me what they know
about this strange, rare infection, and if BF him could have contributed
to his very good outcome?  The cause is *unknown* as far as I've been
told. Thanks ahead; post or email privately.
        I have really enjoyed soaking up the info, opinions and
conversation.
thanks,    sally