Date:
Sat, 15 Mar 1997 16:22:22 +0000
Debby,

You have done such a wonderful job of evaluating an persuing this case.
I am at a loss as to what else can be done, however, I am beginning to
wonder about mom's who have insufficient milk when all else is ruled
out. At age 27, was she a premie at birth?  I have a suspicion that we
may see more insuffiecient milk supply in the coming years because the
moms that we are seeing now may have been 24 wks gestation at birth and
may not have had the advantage of their mother's hormones in the normal
development of breast tissue in utero.  I don't know if anyone is
studing this.  It is only a suspicion on my part.

Also, has she had any surgeries?

Please keep us posted.  I would be interested in knowing what finally
turns up.

Assunta Osterholt, IBCLC